Approximate nutrition information per souffle:
57 calories, 3g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 3g protein
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 5 Tbl granulated sugar (or substitute*)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200C) with a rack in the center.
- Puree the raspberries and press through a fine sieve to get all of the seeds out.
- Add 1 Tbl granulated sugar substitute and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until thickened and start sprinkling the remaining sugar substitute into them until all of it has been added and you have stiff glossy peaks.
- Grease 6 small ramekins with butter. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the raspberry puree very gently.
- Once mixed, fold the raspberry puree mixture back into the remaining egg whites and fold again until there are no streaks of pink left.
- Gently scoop some souffle mixture into the ramekins until half full.
- Divide the chocolate between the ramekins and then fill to the top with souffle mixture.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet with at least a few inches between them and put on the center rack in the oven.
- Bake for 9 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.
(via Low Carb Raspberry Souffle w/ Molten Chocolate Center - I Breathe… I’m Hungry…)
—- Pantry Talks —-